Friday, September 4

A reason for a License

I don't currently own a driver's license.

It isn't that I never have; those who knew me in high school know that I drove constantly: dates, work, and so forth. I simply... well... I got in an accident. Didn't pay my ticket for a couple years. I got that cleared up, but pulling the suspension from the driver's license and getting a new card costs well over $100. So I never bothered.

But now there might be a reason to reconsider:

U Car Share

Basically... hourly car rental. If you are going to use it for more than a few hours, it makes more sense just to get a regular car rental. But for a quick something... it might be worth it.

If you don't concern yourself with the environment. Or the plague of the suburbs. Or...

yeah.

So, morally, I pretty much still object to it. I can see the utility though. And, at the very least, these are new cars, and most of them are hybrids. They have it in a few other cities, too.

1 comment:

  1. This is cool. Especially when I want a pickup for something--only $11.50/hr. Beats Home Depot rates.

    When I linked from your blog, it showed no results for my area. Really there are at least 3 locations in SLC. I had to go to uhaul.com to find it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Share/Save/Bookmark