Wednesday, April 15

Meme? Really?

Yes, it is, sad to say, a meme. However, I thought it might be fun. It is an interview; the questions come from over at Majority of Two, one of the blogs I regularly follow (her interview is here).

Here are the questions:

1. Have you ever been influenced by a work of art – music, painting, book – and if so, how?
Most of the work that influences me is music; I listen to all kinds of music, and it applies to my life in dozens of places. I have found that I quote things from random sources and lines pop into my head for easy use. I have also been influenced by books... the top of that list would have to be Orson Scott Card's Worthing Saga. This is a story which follows me in all things, and is probably the single greatest influence on the ethic

2. If you were a chocolate bar, what type would you be?
I'd be one of those yummy Dagoba chocolate bars, with exotic chocolate that is different than anything you'd expect, like this, or maybe this.

3. What is your secret weapon to lure the opposite sex?
Um... my roguish charm? I always wonder what women see in me, and so far haven't been able to figure it out. Maybe my love for Dungeons and Dragons? Or my adaptability?

4. What, in your opinion, is your greatest accomplishment?
I was asked this question in my last job interview, and my answer impressed the HR rep. But then, she was a woman, so maybe it was just romantic sentimentalism. Still... the best thing I have done with my life, thus far, is marry my wife. She's fantastic!

5. How many friends do you have on your Facebook account?

I can't access Facebook from where I am, but... 80-90?
Oh, and... if you want to be interviewed, let me know and I'll send you 5 questions.

6 comments:

  1. I had to look up meme on google. Jose gave me a definition, but it didn't fit in context. So, all those forwarded e-mail things that ask a million unimportant questions are memes?

    I loved your answer to #4. I bet your sweet wife does too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.elfwood.com/~fenris/Dwarven-paladin.2742608.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The basic concept, really, is that the Paladin is someone who uses brute force in a situation that would handle finesse a little better. At the same time, he isn't just some thug, he has the cause of all that is good and right on his side, he just gets a little carried away. It has led, in D&D jargon, to the phrase "Paladin the door," meaning to bash in a door you can't get into otherwise, particularly if there is an innocent victim on the other side. With him trying to simply bash through his door more often than not, he gets the nickname.

    He might grow out of it, but it seems to fit him pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, maybe because he hasn't figured out handles yet? Probably a good thing! I've noticed here when he wakes up, he goes over to the door and kind of bumps it...almost knocking but not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, he has.

    Oh, by the way... He can open doors now.

    And when he "kind of bumps it" here, he is running across the room and ramming it with his shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great answers! It's a fun meme, isn't it? and a great way to get to know everyone out there.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
Share/Save/Bookmark